Date: May 19, 2020
Dear Valued Patient,
I hope this email finds you and your family well! It is with great joy that I announce to you that Governor Murphy announced Friday that medical facilities can resume elective procedures effective May 26th. As such, we will be reaching out to you to reschedule appointments that you had either with myself or our hygienists. We will do our best to accommodate everyone and schedule according to your needs, but please be patient with us as we have two months worth of appointments to reschedule!
While I recognize that COVID-19 remains with us and some of you may have concerns about potential exposure, I wanted to inform you of new practice guidelines that have been established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in concert with the American Dental Association (ADA) to ensure the safety of you, our patient, and our staff. As always, disinfection, sterilization and infection control remain a top priority at Green Leaf Dentistry. In addition to these standard protocols, I have implemented the following additional safety measures:
- Appointment times will be staggered in an effort to reduce patient overlap. We ask that you arrive on time for you appointment so that we can maintain appropriate social distancing.
- All staff members will have their temperature checked on a daily basis and will be asked to remain at home should they present with symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose or lost of taste/smell. As well, if they have been in direct contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they will be required to quarantine at home.
Prior to Your Arrival:
- Patients will be required to wear a mask while in the office, only removing it during dental treatment. If you forget your mask, we will provide you with one upon arrival.
- As we did prior to closure, we ask that any individual who exhibits fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose or lost of taste/smell contact our office to reschedule. Furthermore, if you have had direct contact with an individual who has been confirmed to be COVID-19 positive, we request the same.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, you will be required to call or text the front desk to inform them of your arrival. We ask that you wait in your car until we call or text you to let you know when we are ready for you.
- Furthermore, we request that only the individual who is being seen for care present to the office. In the case of pediatric patients or individuals who require a caretaker to accompany them, they too will be required to confirm lack of symptoms and lack of contact with an infected individual.
- Our goal is to avoid or limit any ‘waiting’ in our reception area thereby practicing social distancing. You will also note that there are no longer magazines or toys in an effort to reduce surface contamination.
After Your Arrival:
- Temperature screening will be performed upon arrival for all who enter the office.
- Patients will be taken immediately to the operatory for treatment.
- HEPA filters have been installed in every operatory to reduce aerosol transmission.
- High speed evacuation has been installed in hygiene operatories, also to reduce aerosol transmission
- All clinical team members will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including head coverings, face shields, N95 respirators, and surgical gowns.
- Upon completion of your treatment you will be escorted out. We are still finalizing check out procedures but they may include checking out and booking follow up appointments over the phone, again all in an effort to reduce any congestion and practice social distancing.
In the mean time, I remain at your service for any emergency needs that you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on my cell phone at: 201-747-1978, so that we can discuss your particular situation.
I wish you all continued good health and look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Dr. Jenny Howell
COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Acknowledgement Form