August 18, 2020
Dear Valued Patient,
I hope this email finds you and your family well! With fall quickly approaching and the uncertainty of what that means for many families we wanted to let you know that we are here to serve you and your family’s dental needs and continue to operate under strict protocols established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure your safety.
While I recognize that COVID-19 remains with us and some of you may still harbor concerns about potential exposure, I wanted to remind you of the practice guidelines we have adopted as directed by the CDC in concert with the American Dental Association (ADA) to ensure the safety of you, our patient, and our staff. As always, disinfection, sterilization and infection control remains a top priority at Green Leaf Dentistry. In addition to these standard protocols, I have implemented the following additional safety measures:
- Appointment times will be staggered in an effort to reduce patient overlap. We ask that you arrive on time for your appointment so that we can maintain appropriate social distancing.
- All staff members will have their temperature checked on a daily basis and will be asked to remain at home should they present with symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose, or loss of taste/smell. As well, if they have been in direct contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they will be required to quarantine at home.
Prior to Your Arrival:
- Patients will be required to wear a mask while in the office, only removing it during dental treatment. If you forget your mask, we will provide you with one upon arrival.
- Any individual who exhibits fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose, or loss of taste/smell is urged to contact our office to reschedule. Furthermore, if you have had direct contact with an individual who has been confirmed to be COVID-19 positive or has traveled to a COVID-19 ‘hot spot’, we request the same.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, you will be required to call or text the front desk to inform us of your arrival. We ask that you wait in your car until we call or text you to let you know when we are ready for you.
- Furthermore, we request that only the individual who is being seen for care presents to the office. In the case of pediatric patients or individuals who require a caretaker to accompany them, they too will be required to confirm a lack of symptoms and lack of contact with an infected individual.
- Our goal is to avoid or limit any ‘waiting’ in our reception area thereby practicing social distancing.
After Your Arrival:
- Temperature screening will be performed upon arrival for all who enter the office.
- Patients will be taken immediately to the operatory for treatment.
- HEPA filters have been installed in every operatory to reduce aerosol transmission.
- High-speed evacuation has been installed in hygiene operatories, also to reduce aerosol transmission
- All clinical team members will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including head coverings, face shields, N95 respirators, and surgical gowns.
- Upon completion of your treatment, you will be escorted out to reception for check out.
In these unprecedented and uncertain times, please know that I remain at your service and can be reached directly on my cell phone after hours at 201-747-1978. I wish you all continued good health and look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Dr. Jenny Howell
COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Acknowledgement Form