Dear Valued Patient,
I hope this email finds you and your family well! With summer upon us and restrictions relaxing as COVID-19 numbers decline and vaccinations increase, it is with great relief that we can all start to resume some semblance of normalcy. Indeed, something as simple as a barbeque with friends and family has never felt more wonderful!
I have been closely following the CDC guidelines, which continue to evolve. As a health care facility, the current recommendations are for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, to continue to wear a mask while indoors. Our staff will also remain masked at all times. Our priority has always been and will continue to be the safety of our staff, our patients, and their families. As new information and recommendations become available, we will modify our policy accordingly. As a reminder, here is our policy as it currently stands:
- Appointment times will be staggered in an effort to reduce patient overlap. We ask that you arrive on time for your appointment so that we can maintain appropriate social distancing.
- All staff members will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms daily and requested to stay home unless they can provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test. Similarly, anyone who has been in direct contact with a COVID-19 positive individual will be required to stay home, as well.
Prior to Your Arrival:
- All patients will be required to complete a COVID questionnaire prior to their appointment.
- Any individual who exhibits fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose, or loss of taste/smell is urged to contact our office to reschedule. Furthermore, if you have had direct contact with an individual who has been confirmed to be COVID-19 positive, we request the same.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, you will be required to call or text the front desk to inform us of your arrival. We ask that you wait in your car until we call or text you to let you know when we are ready for you.
- Furthermore, we request that only the individual who is being seen for care present to the office. In the case of pediatric patients or individuals who require a caretaker to accompany them, they too will be required to confirm the lack of symptoms and lack of contact with an infected individual.
- Our goal is to avoid or limit any ‘waiting’ in our reception area, thereby practicing social distancing.
After Your Arrival:
- Temperature screening will be performed upon arrival for all who enter the office.
- Patients will be taken immediately to the operatory for treatment.
- HEPA filters have been installed in every operatory to reduce aerosol transmission.
- High-speed evacuation has been installed in hygiene operatories, also to reduce aerosol transmission.
- All clinical team members will continue to wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including head coverings, face shields, N95 respirators or ATM3 level masks, and surgical gowns.
- Upon completion of your treatment, you will be escorted out to reception for check-out.
We thank you for your trust in us this past year. Please know that I remain at your service and can be reached directly on my cell phone after hours at 201-747-1978. I wish you all a happy and healthy summer and look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Dr. Jenny Howell
COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Acknowledgement Form